Pies, cookies, candy, and more … post-holiday help!
By My Fit Foods
If pumpkin pie, fudge, and bonbons have become part of your everyday diet … it’s time for an intervention! It’s time to stop the madness, already. Even if you’ve worked diligently to ensure that your house is sweets-free after the holidays, there are always evil “candy pushers” at work who try shamelessly to push their calorie-crammed stash on to you.
According to Dr. Barry Sears, processed sugar can have an effect on the body similar to an addictive drug. Sugar releases endorphins or “feel-good” hormones that provide a high or states of euphoria. It’s no wonder that we feel great as we munch down hundreds of empty calories! But every peak has a valley, and that’s when cravings take hold, the headaches start, and the cravings for more soar.
If you can relate, here are Five Ways to Live Fit:
- Start with a plan. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Where do you want to go? What is your dream health and fitness goal? Once you have a goal, then you can start a daily and weekly plan to get you there and keep you on track. If you need a particular meal plan for your goal, connect with a My Fit Foods nutrition coach.
- Exercise regularly. We all know it’s important. Take the time, you are worth it, and you will be more productive because of it. I actually enjoy this time of year with the time change … not the getting dark at 4pm part, but the adjustment that allows me to ensure I start my day with a workout. If you need help or accountability, hire a trainer. Since it is the slower time of year for trainers, it’s a perfect time to schedule an appointment with a trainer for a great workout!
- Stay hydrated. It’s harder to stay away from the “candy pushers” and homemade baked goods when the body is dehydrated. The body often gives off hunger signals, when really a healthy bottle of alkaline water is what is needed. Keep your water bottle with you throughout the day to avoid other temptations. Need a little flavor? Squeeze a lemon or add a scoop of whey protein.
- Stress Less. As we enter cold and flu season it is important to remember that the number one way to boost the immune system is to reduce stress. Now that you have your plan, schedule 15-20 minutes each day for prayer or meditation. Remember, you cannot always choose what happens to you in life, but you can always choose how you respond. When you choose how to respond, you also choose your level of stress.
- Take your Vitamins! The Daily Fit Pack is specifically designed to support a healthy lifestyle, metabolism and detox with the nutrients that you need to feel great. Ensure your body has the nutritents it needs every day through your healthy meals and supplements.
There is hope, My Sugar Addicted Friends! Remember coming off sugar is very similar to a drug addict coming off their drug. It takes the body a few days to adjust, so be patient, stay strong, and know the end result is worth it!