Belief: Happiness Leaders
One Day Body Detox
Feel better inside and out with this super-simple body detoxification plan!
Use Your Sickness to Get Happy
Flu, colds, allergies—it's full-on sick season, but you can use it to your advantage to get happier!
What Are You Fighting For?
Knowing why you're doing anything will help you succeed at it and be happier!
Afraid to Love
Find that uncovering our love is its own reward.
By lyssa - 04:43AM - 05/08/2012
by Cindy Myska, therapist and mother of two
We are afraid to love. We are afraid to be loved. Unbeknownst to ourselves, we have many erroneous beliefs about love.
We think love will give us power, while at the same time believing it will overpower us. We want love to save us while at the same time believing that it will destroy us. We believe love should meet all of our expectations, yet
we protect ourself from disappointment. We think love will bring some dreamy rewards, while at the same time we prepare for murky punishment. No wonder we are afraid.
Love does not overpower, nor does love defend. Love does not meet demand, nor does love reward. Love simply exists, and may be uncovered if we choose.
Uncovering our love is its own reward. We continue to believe that the reward is when we are loved in return, and we fight for that which cannot be won. By its very nature love can only be given to us. Instead of receiving the gift of uncovering our own love, we demand that love be what we would have it be; we cajole love and try to force it into small containers, boxes, and thoughts.
We tarnish love with our graven images, our long held perceptions of what “should be.” That is what causes our pain. We are not in pain because we have loved.
In any one moment when we uncover our own love we are in complete joy. Our goal is to fashion a chain of moments of remembering to uncover our love and sit in the joy, holding the boxes and containers and thoughts at bay as we revel in love, our own heart expanded to full capacity without limitations.
- You Are Wrong About What Will Make You Happy
- I Wish I Had Let Myself Be Happy
- How to Become A Saint*
- How to Create Instant Intimacy with Anyone
- If You're Not Doing This, You're Forgiving Wrong
- Evolving Criticism: Changing the Trend from “Screw You” to “How Can I Help?”
- Misusing Meditation
- Gender Equality: An Open Letter To Feminist Trolls
- The Apology
- Hack Your Mind for Mental Health
- Today’s Tip for Happiness: Follow Your Own Advice
- Patience on The Path to Happiness
- In My Defenselessness My Safety Lies
- Tiny Wonder or Tiny Terror?
- Spirituality, Drugs, and Meditation
- This is The Song That Never Ends ... What a T-Shirt Can Teach You About Success in Relationships