Drink this every morning for an incredible boost
From My Fit Foods‘ Meg McCall, B.S., M.S. Candidate Human Nutrition, My Fit Foods Corporate Nutritionist.
I have new strength of body and I will create new beauty of body. – Paul C. Bragg
This year Bragg’s celebrates their 100th year in business. Paul C. Bragg and his daughter Patricia Bragg are health pioneers and the crusaders behind the Bragg’s movement. It all started when Paul was crippled by tuberculosis and developed his own eating, breathing, and exercising program to rebuild his body. He made an early pledge to God, in return for his renewed health, to spend the rest of his life showing others the road to super health. The Bragg philosophy centers around supporting the body pH and increasing oxygen to fight disease and promote vitality.
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of their main products and has been highly regarded throughout history. For more on the benefits, read on.
Today, here at My Fit Foods, we are huge fans of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar and it is an important part of our My Fit Cocktail.
Here is the recipe: My Fit Cocktail
8 ounces water
4 ounces of My Fit Foods unsweetened cranberry juice
1 TB Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
½ lemon freshly squeezed
1 oz. B-12 (optional)
When we wake up in the morning our bodies are acidic and dehydrated from 8 hours of repair and detoxification. A great way to jumpstart your energy and metabolism is to rehydrate with these all-natural juices that have nutrients to nourish all detox organs: intestines, gall bladder, liver, kidneys, and the lymphatic system.
TOP TEN REASONS TO LOVE THE MY FIT COCKTAIL
- Lemon Juice promotes thinner bile which aids in the breakdown of fat!
- Even though lemon juice is acidic, it works within the body to make your pH more alkaline, waking up enzymes in both the intestines and liver.
- Besides being an excellent source of Vitamin C, lemon juice boasts 16 other vitamins and minerals.
- Cranberry juice is packed with flavonoids, enzymes, and organic acids that have an emulsifying effect on fat deposits in the lymphatic system. This is thought to help with cellulite as well as general weight loss. Woohoo!
- The special antioxidants in cranberries fuel both phases of the liver’s detox pathways. Remember that one of your liver’s major jobs is to metabolize fat!
- Compounds in cranberries act to boost the kidney’s diuretic efforts, so more waste is eliminated.
- Research on cranberries shows that drinking cranberry juice daily can lower your bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol.
- Raw apple cider vinegar contains the “cob-web”-looking Mother, which is the ingredient touted for helping optimize body pH. Remember the more alkaline your body pH, the more oxygen your blood carries, and the stronger your metabolism!
- Research shows that consuming apple cider vinegar improves blood sugar in those with diabetes.
- All three ingredients are targeting the most important phases of detox: digestion, liver detoxification, and kidney elimination.
Here is to a cleaner, healthier, and leaner new you! CHEERS!
Farnier M, Garnier P, Yau C, Dejager S, Verpilleux MP. Prevalence of low HDL-cholesterol in patients with cardiovascular risk factors: The ECHOS (Etude du Cholesterol HDL en Observationnel) French Survey. Int J Clin Pract. 2006 Oct;60(10):1166-71. Epub 2006 Aug 24. 2006.
Reid G. The role of cranberry and probiotics in intestinal and urogenital tract health. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 2002;42(3 Suppl):293-300. 2002.
Fushimi T, Suruga K, Oshima Y, Fukiharu M, Tsukamoto Y, Goda T. Dietary acetic acid reduces serum cholesterol and triacylglycerols in rats fed a cholesterol-rich diet. Br J Nutr. (2006) 95.5: 916-924.
White AM, Johnston CS. Vinegar ingestion at bedtime moderates waking glucose concentrations in adults with well-controlled type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. (2007) 30.11: 2814-28
The Fat Flush, Anne Louise Gittleman, M.S., C.N.S.
Apple Cider Vinegar
The Bragg Healthy Lifestyle Motto: “You are what you eat, drink, breathe, think, say and do.”
Apple Cider Vinegar has been highly regarded throughout history. In 400 B.C. the great Hippocrates, Father of Medicine, used it for its amazing health qualities.
- Rich enzymes & potassium
- Support a healthy immune system
- Helps Control Weight
- Promotes digestion & ph Balance
- Helps Soothe Dry Throats
- Helps Remove body sludge toxins
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Soothes irritated skin
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise