Plan a Girls (or Guys) Night ASAP
Laughter and friendship go hand-in-hand, and Americans are looking to inject more laughter into their lives this year. One sure bet? Spending more quality time with your girlfriends (or guy crew, dudes).
A new survey commissioned by Skinny Cow Candy showed that on average women are twice as likely to prefer a good laugh with their girlfriends over a new piece of jewelry, a manicure, or even a new pair of shoes. And 61 percent of women believe that an in-person laugh is better than a virtual one!
Five ways to play a laugh-out-loud night with your crew:
OK, fellas, we don’t mean to leave you out, but you can use these tips and modify them to dude-dom…
1. Set the stage. Quality girlfriend time can happen anywhere at any time. Getting together for drinks or dinner creates an opportunity for plenty of intimate chatting and laughter for hours on end. Piling on the couch to watch a comedy—or ridiculous rom-com—flick is just the ticket for a much-needed belly laugh.
2. Eliminate distractions. Good girlfriend time means letting your cares slip away. Avoid taking calls or texting, leave kids with a sitter, and dedicate your time to catching up and sharing a few good laughs.
3. Add chocolate. According to the Skinny Cow survey, the majority of women think life would be a lot less fun without chocolate! Skinny Cow Candy makes the no guilt kind: rich, creamy and delicious; controlled portion sizes; and low in calories.
4. Stay within your means. Time spent with the girls need not break the bank. If budget is a concern, choose a restaurant or bar with happy hour specials, or have a potluck where everyone brings a little something. Check out interesting events around town, or lace up the sneaks for a walk in the park.
5. Say cheese. Don’t forget to take photos of your laugh-out-loud moments!
Source: Skinny Cow