Whether it’s down the block or across the country, nothing inspires joy and pain quite like packing up and moving
Love/Hate is a series exploring how to be happy embracing the everyday duality of life.
Moving is one of those dualities: it’s agony packing and hauling and loading and unloading and unpacking, but it’s ecstasy being in a new place!
5 Things We Love About: Moving
- Purging! Getting rid of all the junk we accumulate.
- Reminiscing—you know when you find yourself in the middle of a pile of boxes, flipping through old photo albums or journals? Priceless!
- The marked transition: loading the truck, unloading the truck—it’s all part of the routine we all know.
- A clean slate in the new place
- The first beers/glasses of wine in the new place!
5 Things We Hate About: Moving
- Packing! How did we get so much stuff?
- Reminiscing—suddenly three hours is gone and nostalgia for an old flame is all we have to show for it.
- Loading. and. unloading. the. truck.
- Saying goodbye to the memories of the old place
- Even if it’s just treating your friends/movers to beers, it’s freakin’ expensive!