Kick sickness with laughter and joy
It seems like everyone is sick around this time of year. Don’t be one of those sniffling, sad sickies!
Dr. Mercola says in this article, “There are many studies supporting the belief that people with an upbeat and positive perspective tend to be healthier and enjoy longer lives … Still, conventional medicine is reluctant to admit that your emotional state might have any major impact on your overall health and longevity. Perhaps this is understandable, as “happiness” is not something that can be bottled and sold at your local pharmacy.”
He then offers nine lifestyle strategies to help create a foundation of happiness and good health, which in turn will protect you from cold and flu season!
- Eat a healthy diet focused on fresh, whole foods.
- Consume healthy fat.
- Make clean, pure water your primary beverage
- Manage your stress.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get plenty of appropriate sun exposure.
- Get grounded. Grounding or Earthing is defined as placing one’s bare feet on the ground whether it be dirt, grass, sand, or concrete (especially when humid or wet).
- Limit your exposure to toxins of all kinds.
- Get plenty of quality sleep.
What steps are you taking to stay healthy this winter?