Sleep swiftly with Salamba Sarvangasana
Say you almost always fall asleep easily at night … it somehow makes the nights you can’t fall asleep that much more difficult! If you’re agitated, anxious, or just wired, try a few bedtime yoga poses to Om you right into Dreamland. Leslie Peters at Yoga Journal has made a list of some of the best sleep-inducing yoga poses.
- Salamba Sirsasana (Supported Headstand)
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Viparita Karani (Legs-up-the-Wall Pose)
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Standing Forward Bend)
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
- Janu Sirsasana (Head-to-Knee Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
After a few minutes, you should be ready to hit they hay with a newfound calm. If you don’t, try …
Supported Supine Poses
- Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclining Bound Angle Pose)
- Supta Virasana (Reclining Hero Pose)
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose)
Not sure what any of these poses are? Get thee to a beginnger yoga class (or youtube, really …) to learn the basics!