Belief: Happiness Leaders
One Day Body Detox
Feel better inside and out with this super-simple body detoxification plan!
Use Your Sickness to Get Happy
Flu, colds, allergies—it's full-on sick season, but you can use it to your advantage to get happier!
What Are You Fighting For?
Knowing why you're doing anything will help you succeed at it and be happier!
I Love You, And ...
A new understanding of love
By lyssa - 10:37PM - 04/18/2012
By Robyn Whyte, who writes at Robyn Writes.
I love you, and I'm angry with you.
I love you, and I don't want to play with you any more.
I love you, and you're fired.
I love you, and I'm getting a divorce.
I love you, and I need for you to move out.
I love you, and I'm not who you need me to be.
I love you, and I won't go with you.
Throughout most of my life I misunderstood what love is. I thought more along these lines:
If I love you I should not get angry with you.
If I love you I should play as long as you want me to.
If I love you I should keep you on the payroll because you need the money.
If I love you I should stay married to you even as we live a lie.
If I love you I should offer hospitality to you indefinitely.
If I love you I should bend myself into a pretzel to be who you want me to be.
If I love you I should follow you to the ends of the earth.
Today, my thinking goes more like this:
I will not allow my anger to hide my love for you.
I will not take my toys and go home until I remember my love for you.
I will not fire you until I clearly remember your God-given value.
I will not divorce you until I remember how important you have been in my life, and how grateful I am for your tolerance of me all these years.
I will not cast you out of my home until I am certain I am not also casting you out of my heart.
I acknowledge that diminishing myself does not demonstrate my love for you.
My refusal to go with you is not abandoning you, but setting you free.
Before I make any decision about "what to do with you," I must first remember that I love you! It's the only approach that makes any sense because love is not personal, but universal. I AM love; you ARE love. I must acknowledge the truth of that in order to be true to who we both are.
- You Are Wrong About What Will Make You Happy
- I Wish I Had Let Myself Be Happy
- How to Become A Saint*
- How to Create Instant Intimacy with Anyone
- If You're Not Doing This, You're Forgiving Wrong
- Evolving Criticism: Changing the Trend from “Screw You” to “How Can I Help?”
- Misusing Meditation
- Gender Equality: An Open Letter To Feminist Trolls
- The Apology
- Hack Your Mind for Mental Health
- Today’s Tip for Happiness: Follow Your Own Advice
- Patience on The Path to Happiness
- In My Defenselessness My Safety Lies
- Tiny Wonder or Tiny Terror?
- Spirituality, Drugs, and Meditation
- This is The Song That Never Ends ... What a T-Shirt Can Teach You About Success in Relationships